YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR BUSINESSWe are committed to protecting the privacy of patient information and to handling your personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (current from August 2014) and relevant State and Territory privacy legislation.
Your Personal Health Information and your Medical Record may be collected, used and disclosed for the following reasons:
- For communicating relevant information with other treating doctors, specialists or allied health professionals.
- For follow up reminder / recall notices. We may contact you by mail, telephone, sms or email. (Please inform reception staff if you do not consent to any of the above).
- For National/State or territory registers (eg. Immunisation data).
- For State/Territory reminder systems, (eg cervical screening – pap smears reminders or familiar cancer registries).
- Accounting / Medicare / Health Insurance procedures.
- Quality Assurance activities such as accreditation.
- For disease notification as required by law (e.g. infectious diseases).
- For use by all our doctors, nurses or allied health professionals in this practice when consulting with you.
- For legal related disclosure as required by a court of law (E.g. subpoena, court order, suspected child abuse).
- For research purposes (de-identified, meaning you are not able to be identified from the information given).
Moreland General Practice